A Grande Prairie man faces a string of charges after weapons, guns and cash were found in a home last week.
Officers were responding to a disturbance call Wednesday and were confronted by a man with a firearm when they entered. There was an altercation and Mounties were able to disarm the suspect and arrest him.
Inside the residence the RCMP found a loaded shot gun, a loaded hand gun, brass knuckles, 16 ounces of Hash, 13 ounces of Cocaine, 25 grams of Marihuana, evidence consistent with Cocaine trafficking, and over $17,000 in Canadian currency
27-year-old Christopher Hobbs has been charged with 17 offences:
- Point a firearm without lawful excuse x4
- Unlawful possession of a firearm x2
- Possession of a loaded firearm
- Alter the serial number of a gun
- Using firearm in commission of an offence
- Careless use of a firearm x3
- Possession of prohibited weapon
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000.00
- Possession of a controlled substance (CDSA)
Hobbs will be in court today (Monday).