Fire crews put out a fridge fire Sunday night in Crystal Lake.
The home’s fire alarm went off around 6:45 p.m. and when crews arrived there was smoke spewing from the basement.
Additional crews were called in and firefighters were able to contain the blaze to a small area of the basement.
The fire was started by the fridge’s compressor that had overheated causing under $5,000 in damages.
The fire department is crediting a working smoke alarm and supervised alarm system for alerting crews quickly and limiting the damage.
No one was home at the time.