You have until 9:00 p.m. to get your tickets for the first of two early bird draws for this year’s Cash and Camping Lottery.
Someone will take home $5,000 cash, and there will be five draws for $1,000 cash following that.
Anyone who buys tickets before tonight’s cut-off will be eligible for all three draws.
“Whether you do or don’t win in the first early bird draw, if you’ve purchased your tickets before the cut-off, you’ll be entered into the first early bird draw, as well as the second and the final draw that comes up in July 6th,” said Jessie Urness, Lottery Manager.
The draw happens Wednesday, with the second early bird draw going June 16.
Proceeds support 12 local non-profit groups and the money will go towards a number of things such as:
– Providing Pedestrian Safety Kits, a Kitchen Safety Simulator and an Injury Prevention Station to educate youth on safety.
– Renovations to the Bezanson Memorial Hall.
– Support of the Tough Enough to Talk about it program offered by Suicide Prevention to promote mental wellness and open discussion about mental health issues.
– Providing retirement and financial advice as well as meals on wheels to seniors.
– Updates to the Army Navy building.
– Providing equipment and repairs to those who have suffered through a spinal cord injury.
– Subsidizing camp fees for children who could not otherwise afford it at Camp Tamarack where no child is ever refused.
– Support of nutrition programs providing health food to kids who do not have adequate nutrition at home.
– Support of the Wellness House that will provide a safe and comfortable environment for families receiving treatments at the new hospital.