Grande Prairie RCMP say what started as an investigation into a possible vehicle theft has led to 14 charges against a Grande Prairie man.
Police say the vehicle was spotted around 2 p.m. October 2 downtown.
It was stopped and a man was arrested without incident.
A search turned up a firearm, ammunition, and property believed to have been stolen in thefts that happened around the city.
Cody Lee Brown, 25-years-old, is due in court October 23. He will stay in custody until then. Charges against him include:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of a firearm contrary to order
- Possession of ammunition contrary to order x 2
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Careless storage of ammunition
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Possession of break-in instruments
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 x 5